keyword is the most important SEO factor in content creation
Meaning of a Keyword:
A keyword is a word or phrase that illustrate what your site content is about. Keywords or focus keyword enables humans as well as search engines to understand your content. Without a focus keyword, it will be difficult for searchers or engines to get content they are looking for.
A keyword may be a single word or it may contain multiple words hence the nickname, key phrase. Lets take this post for instance, the keywords here will include: “keyword”, “content keyword”, “keyword research”, “focus keyword” etc. because they are the most important elements of the post. I hope you get the idea now? Well, even if you have not fully understood keywords yet, keep reading this post and by the time you finish, you shall become an expert creator of content using optimal keywords soon.
Importance of keywords in SEO
In terms of SEO, keyword helps search engines to understand what your content is about. keyword also makes it possible for people making a query on your topic to decide if it is relevant to their search query.
What is Optimum Keyword?
Now that content creators have realized that content with relevant keywords have a higher chance of being displayed in the SERP (search engine result pages) of Google and other search engines, some shady content creators get involved in the bad practice of putting keywords everywhere on their content, hoping that it will do him any good. Example of a keyword SEO gone bad for a job portal will look like this:
Jobs at jobCompanyName.com. Register on the job page, to get a job that is a good job. To work at a happy job and forget other jobs
The content creator of such will erroneously think that the post will help her/him to rank higher and generate revenue. My good friend, I’m advising you today never to do that. Not only is such a post difficult to understand by humans but it will be penalized for keyword stuffing google.
Therefore, the best way to use keywords is to put them where they are relevant to their users. When you do this on your content, it is referred to as optimum use of keywords.
Types of Keywords:
There are several types of keyword, however, the most commonly used and most important keywords are the below:
- Short tail keyword: This are broad search terms usually one word like “Visits” “food” and “clothes”. These are broad search keywords that may output different results that might not be relevant to a persona’s search. is it a food sales business, food transporting co Because of the high amount of search results displayed when users enter a query for short tailed keywords, they are usually more difficult to compete on and to rank contents for them. Short tail Keywords is also referred to as head keyword.
- Long tail keyword: They are the opposite of short tailed keyword. As the name implies, long tail keywords are more specific keyword phrases with more than two words. Example of a long tail keyword search is “How to create google search console“. It is easier to rank content for Long-tailed keywords.
- Sale Oriented Keyword: All such keywords like “pricing”, “buy computer” are sale oriented keyword. Sale oriented keywords are the specific terms people looking to hire a service or buy a product will search google for. Sale-oriented keywords are also referred to as “buy now” keywords.
- Product keyword: These keywords describe what you sell, like “offering SEO” when you are targeting visitors for product keywords, ensure to include your brand name as well. Example Hire an SEO client at deAnalyst.com. Searches from product keywords have a higher prospect of conversion than others though they may not generate a lot of searches.
- Descriptive keyword: A lot of people are going to their browser search bar to enter queries like “how to drive a car”, “what is the best way to know my visitors” etc. These kind of searches are descriptive keyword search terms. It is easy to convert visitors who are making a descriptive search because their searches match exactly what you offer most times.
Selecting keyword is made easy by tools such as google keyword research tool. You can also easily find terms people are constantly searching for through indirect keyword research.
How to Use keywords in SEO
Perhaps you are reading this post so that you will henceforth, know where and when to use keywords. According to a google employee, Maihle Ohye, “the best way to use keyword is to place them where they are most relevant to their users” of course, there are SEO opinions that suggest that keywords should be used in the first paragraph of the sentence as a minimum requirement, then, placing keywords in the image source and alt attributes is highly recommended. Also, it is good practice to include keywords in heading tags and the body of the content.
Recapping- Where to place keywords:
- The best way to use keyword is to place them where they are most relevant to their users.
- keywords should be used in the first paragraph of the sentence as a minimum requirement.
- Placing keywords in the image source and alt attributes.
- include keywords in heading tags and the body of the content
However, the NO, NO is doing keyword stuffing. When you use keyword optimally and engage in other good SEO practices, your content will start to rank sooner than you expect.
Using keywords properly is made easy by some website plugins such as yoast.
Keywords is the link between the search query, the search engine and the content. If you want your users and Google to display your content to users searching for it, Include the necessary keyword at the necessary place. Equally, if you want to win bid auction for SEM campaigns, keyword research and use is sacrosanct.
If you enjoyed this post, share to a friend who is interested in online business.